ToCo WARRANTY (tocowarranty.com) is Access Warranty / AW Autopro - SCAM

Issue not resolved

Access Warranty / AW Autopro has filed for Bankrupcy to avoid paying refund to thousands of their customers! They are currently being sued by several entities, including their administrator/warranty underwriter, Interstate National Dealer Services and are being investigated by several Attorney General's.

They are now operating as "TOCO Warranty" ( Tocowarranty / TOCOWARRANTY.COM ) in an attempt to defraud more consumers out of their money.

STAY AWAY - Just do a search for "Access Warranty" or "AW Autopro". If you've purchased a warranty from them, call your credit card companies Chargeback Disputes Cepartment while you're still able to get your money back.

d437d05 review #418376
47 Helpful? 85
Had the same issue5 Comments25 Report
Had an experience with ToCo Warranty?  Submit review about this company
vee

Sep 27 Houston, Texas

So glad I Google them first and read all these reviews I was so close to give them guy my credit card u info last night I was very close !!!
Thanks everyone for their reviews..
What got me when I asked how soon could I take it to the mechanic he said u will need to wait 30days but I will need to pay $109 today !!!

AdviceAppreciated

May 01 Westbury, New York

When my 2005 Buick LeSabre was 7 years old, I was able to purchase a bumper to bumper ($100 deductible per service visit)
3 year/30,000 mile General Motors service warranty from my Buick dealer. It cost $2,900 and it has been well worth the price. I've had 3 very expensive repairs done and only had to pay $200.
2 repairs were done during the same service visit, so only one deductible. It has been GREAT. Get your service warranty from the car manufacturer. I only have less than 7,000 miles left on the warranty, so I considered this TOCO plan when I received their email. Thank you all for warning me away from this scam. Thank you, thank you!!!!!

Lorie

Apr 22 Nashville, Tennessee

Thanks everyone! I was thinking about purchasing the warranty, but I told the salesman I would do some research first. I asked him to email me some information with a link to the website, but I never received an email. He told me to check my spam folder. RED FLAG!

warrantyinsider

Mar 19 Rochester, New York

You people have to realize who these "sellers" are! The sellers are just that, a seller. They are not the insurance company, they are not the company that says yes or no on your claims. They are just getting you to buy the product and for that, they take between 20% and 50% of the "retail" cost as a sales commission. The remainder is forwarded to the claims administrator and insurance company. I have no idea if the seller is telling you wrong information. They usually aren't familiar enough with the actual "verbiage" of the contract, so they assume they are correct. Each claim is handled on its own merits. Some are covered, some are not. These contracts do not cover "everything"! Again, this company may be a good "seller" but they are no the claims administrator, nor are they the insurance company underwriting the program!

TamerResponse

Oct 16, 2013

Yes, the above must be a smear campaign. This is a company backed by a billion dollar publicly traded out fit. They have have cut out several of the middle men to offer a far superior product and customer service to their customers.

0 3 Reply
anon

Mar 22 Tampa, Florida

Merrill Lynch was a billion dollar company.
Didn't stop them from committing investor fraud and being nailed by the feds.
Bernie Madoff ran a billion dollar company.
Didn't keep him from a life sentence for fraud.
***.

2 0 Reply

Jun 04

That is the exact line the sales guy said over the phone!

Spaz1989

Oct 10, 2013

I just purchased from them and now I'm concerned. I just gave them my CC info. Are these guys real or not? This p*****s me off!

Sep 10, 2013

I smell ***! Keep in mind the people who are trying to get the buy-in can also make comments on this site. I don't believe a *** thing they said. If they are so legit then why have I not seen a commercial that could validate them? A random phone call when I have other *** to do from some random person selling me *** is just crazy. I find it funny they are willing to cover the repairs for only a $50.00 (example) deductible and not charge you a down payment. That just sounds too good to be true and that usually means it is.

Kim Joy

Nov 13, 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana

Yes I found out from both mechanics that many extended warranty companies are scams artists. We pay this money only for them to take our money and not honor the contracts. They will find a way to deny you.

sipiwe

Aug 05, 2013 Charlotte, North Carolina

Toco Warranty - DID NOT COVER ANYTHING THEY SAID THEY WOULD COVER WHEN IT WAS TIME TO MAKE REPAIRS TO MY CAR. THE DEALERSHIP EVEN SAID TO ME "THEY HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED A WARRANTY COMPANY THAT REFUSED TO COVER ANYTHING" - DO NOT GET CAUGHT OUT THERE WITH THIS WARRANTY. IT DOES NOTHING!!!! DROP IT!

Mk

Aug 08, 2013

We are trained to go over, in honest detail, all of our coverage options with our customers. So, I was very concerned to hear about this complaint. Since all of our calls are recorded, I had my supervisor and his supervisor listen to the call verifying that I was very clear with the customer on what exactly was covered.

When the original sale is made, we transfer the customer to our verification department to make sure the customer understands everything. We are also required to make a 7 day followup call to make sure the customer has understood the terms and conditions of the policy. I called the customer at that time and again asked if they received all the materials, looked them over and if they had any additional questions. They hadn’t. This call was also recorded.

We at TOCO Warranty pride ourselves on our honesty and customer satisfaction. When I found out that the items weren’t covered I also placed a conference call with the mechanic and the customer to see if there was a resolution. Unfortunately, the type of work that needed to be done wasn’t covered, as clearly stated in the coverage given.

1 3 Reply
Chris

Jun 29, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

Toco warranty sells warranties on the wholesale level. Toco can do this because they are selling their own warranty. Toco doesn't ask for down payments Toco doesn't lock you into contracts either. Got warranty is a third party company. That means when you go to them for a warranty that the warranty company has to get paid and so does Got warranty for selling the warranty. Got warranty will charge you down payments too. Got warranty is just a small warranty company selling someone elses warranty for a high price. Call Got warranty and see and then call Toco warranty to find out for youself.

Steve

Jun 13, 2013 Alhambra, California

AW AUTOPRO? That company was awful. They currently are in the same building and operate under gotwarranty.com Same people. Same building. Same ***.

Bill G.

Jun 13, 2013 Atlanta, Georgia

Steve,
Are you implying that Got Warranty is still at 6837 Hayvenhurst Ave. Van Nuys, CA 91406 and that Got Warranty, AW Autopro and Access Warranty are all the same?
Very Interesting...I always thought they were the same being in Van Nuys.

Bill G.

Jun 13, 2013 Atlanta, Georgia

The folks over at got warranty aka global sting (the folks who posted the above statement)are upset that ToCo Warranty has found a way to change the industry. ToCo is simply the only company doing it right. Soon enough any company not selling the way ToCo is selling will disappear. ToCo is the only company that is selling plans without a downpayment and has the strongest insurance backing in the industry. Do not work with any company that sells contracts backed by an RRG insurance carrier. Unfortunately, companies like Got Warranty who posted the ad are unhappy with they way they are forced to sell service plans. High reserves/high downpayments...Call ToCo and compare!

Best,
Happy Consumer

M.L.

Jun 19, 2013 Henderson, Nevada

Having used a lot of these extended warranties I can say with some authority that I do know a lot about what they are doing in the industry. The poster above me is exactly right. These guys are (as far as I know) the only people in this industry who are on the side of the consumer and doing it ethically. I've talked to "got warranty" before, and I know for a fact that they are different companies. It sounded like a boiler room, and they even put a manager on the phone after I refused to make a decision right then and there!! Classic! I don't normally comment on these things, but I've had such a great experience with Toco, that I couldn't let some smaller competing company slander them over the internet without being held accountable.

0 1 Reply

1-20 of 25 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.